Established in 1989, SAPAAC is now one of Stanford University's largest alumni organizations. We organize networking and community building opportunities for Asian Pacific American (APA) alumni, fund a scholarship for current students, support the Asian American Activities Center (A3C) at Stanford, and advocate for APA communities on campus.
SAPAAC is an official, chartered club of the Stanford Alumni Association (SAA), whose mission is to reach, serve and engage Stanford alumni by nurturing strong intellectual and emotional connections between the university and its graduates.
What is SAPAAC?
To promote and support the educational, professional, and social interest of Stanford Asian Pacific American (APA) alumni and the Stanford community.
- Provide avenues of social & professional interaction for APA alumni
- Keep members informed of APA affairs related to Stanford
- Serve as role models for Stanford APA students
- Inform Stanford administration of APA concerns and issues
- Encourage hiring, promotion, and retention of APA faculty
- Perform community service
The SAPAAC Board
The SAPAAC board is responsible for guiding the organization in achieving its mission statement and goals. Elections to the board and officer leadership roles are held annually, while board members serve overlapping, two-year terms.
Officers for 2013-2014
- Executive Committee - Atha Fong '10 - atha.fong @gmail.com (1st Term: 2013-15); Linda Lee - '07 - lzlee01 @gmail.com (2nd Term: 2013-15); Christopher Loh - MBA '91 - chris_loh @sbcglobal.net (1st Term: 2012-2014); Kimi Narita - '07 BA, '11 JD/MS - kcnarita @gmail.com (1st Term: 2012-2014) ; Henry Tsai - '10, MA '10 - henrytsai @stanfordalumni.org (2nd Term: 2012-14); Linda Tran - '06, MA '07 - lmtran @alumni.stanford.edu (2nd Term: 2012-14); Michael Wu - MA' 12 - michaelmwu @gmail.com (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Treasurer - Adrian Arima - '72, MS '72 - a.arima @yahoo.com (2nd Term: 2013-15)
- Secretary - Karen Young - '11 - karyoung @gmail.com (1st Term: 2013-15)
At-Large Board Members for 2013-2014
- Marshall Bennett - MA ‘10 - goodnations @gmail.com (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Laura Fong JD '12 - laura.fong @gmail.com (1st Term: 2013-15)
- Julie Kang '02 - juliekang @alumni.stanford.edu (1st Term: 2013-15)
- Emily K. Lee - ‘84 - emily.lee @ucsf.edu (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Richard Tom - ‘82 - rt1813 @yahoo.com (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Alfred Wang - PhD ‘06 - alfredwang @gmail.com (1st Term: 2012-2014)
- Victoria Yee BA/MA '13 - yee.victoria @gmail.com (1st Term: 2013-15)
SAPAAC Committees for 2013-2014
Joining one of our committees is your opportunity to share your experience and expertise with the Stanford alumni community. Please contact a committee chair for more information. We welcome your ideas and involvement!
- Issues & Advocacy - . Julie Kang, Victoria Yee, Marshall Bennett, Emily Lee, Linda Lee
- Membership & Outreach - Atha Fong, Alfred Wang, Henry Tsai
- Events - Emily Lee, Chris Loh, Adrian Arima, Laura Fong
* Committee co-chairs are bolded